You have made all the necessary arrangements for your trip. But, have you made the necessary arrangements for the residence that you are leaving behind while traveling? Not sure what arrangements you should make? Listed below are ways that you can protect your home while you are traveling.
- Get a security system, and make sure the sign is visible. Notify the security system company of your departure and return date.
- Put a hold on your mail and the newspaper, if you still receive an actual delivered newspaper.
- Do not post on social media where you are, when you left, or when you will return.
- Set interior and exterior lights on a timer.
- Arrange for lawn care service.
- Do not leave spare keys outside.
- Lock up your garage, and disconnect the garage door opener.
- Lock up your valuables in a safe, indoors.
- Make sure that all windows and doors are locked. If you have an animal door, make certain that you can lock that up as well.
- Prevent power surges and fires by unplugging electronics and appliances.
- Notify your neighbors and ask them to keep an eye on your property until you return.
Taking the time to protect your home before you travel is quite simple and beneficial. Traveling worry free is no longer out of reach. Happy travels!!!!!